Carmigo™ Website Privacy Notice
PLEASE READ THIS NOTICE CAREFULLY TO UNDERSTAND OUR POLICIES AND PRACTICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION AND HOW WE WILL TREAT IT. THIS WEBSITE OPERATES ONLY IN THE US AND IS NOT INTENDED FOR ANYONE OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH OUR POLICIES AND PRACTICES, YOUR CHOICE IS NOT TO USE OUR WEBSITE. BY ACCESSING OR USING THIS WEBSITE, YOU AGREE TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE. THIS NOTICE MAY CHANGE FROM TIME TO TIME. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THIS WEBSITE AFTER WE MAKE CHANGES IS DEEMED TO BE ACCEPTANCE OF THOSE CHANGES, SO PLEASE CHECK THE NOTICE PERIODICALLY FOR UPDATES.
Overview. At Carmigo Inc., we respect your privacy and are committed to protecting information you share with us about you. This Privacy Notice describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website at www.carmigo.io (our “Website“) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This Privacy Notice applies to information we collect: (i) on this Website; (ii) in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website; (iii) through mobile or desktop apps you download from this Website; and (iv) when you interact with Carmigo applications or advertising located on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this notice.
This Notice does not apply to information we collect from you offline or through any other means besides those listed above. This Notice also does not apply to information collected by any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on our Website.
Children Under the Age of 18. Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
California residents under 18 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It. We collect several types of information from you or about you when you use our Website, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, or other similar information (“personal information”). Carmigo’s employees or contracted inspectors will conduct automobile condition reports, take photos of vehicles, and post information about your and others’ vehicles on the Website. We may also collect information about you individually, but that does not identify you, such as information about your use of the Website, the type of equipment you use to access the website, your internet connection, or parts of the Website you visit most often. We collect information that you provide to us directly through the Website, as well as information we collect automatically about how you use the Website using cookies and other kinds of tracking technologies. Under some circumstances, we may collect information from third parties, such as business partners.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website or registering for auctions or services; this includes your initial registration, when you register to participate in an auction, when you bid or otherwise participate in the services, submit information for transportation, when you request information or need assistance;
- Information regarding your automobile, including VIN, mileage, condition of vehicle, and other basic information;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
- Your responses to surveys or questionnaires we may issue from time to time if you choose to complete them;
- Details about bids, sales, or other transactions you carry out through our Website and fulfillment of your orders or requests, including, possibly providing financial information in conjunction with a transaction;
- Searches our users perform through the Website; and/or
- other information you may provide to us.
You also may from time to time provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that any User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including location data, communication data, and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Our Website will attempt to respond to Do-Not-Track signals, but it may not be responsive in all cases. For more information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking, please see the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website at https://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1.
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information, although we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. This information helps us improve our Website and deliver better and more personalized service for you and other users of the Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Carmigo, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information. We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information. We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this privacy notice:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger or other sale or transfer of some or all of Carmigo’s assets.
- To third parties to market their products or services.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it, or with your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, our employees, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, or to receive promotional offers, or for other advertising based reasons, you can email us at email@example.com, or we may from time to time provide various opt-out options in your registered account settings.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information. Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information. If you wish to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us, please email us at email@example.com. We will try to accommodate your request, but we may need to either delete your account to do so, or we may decline your request under certain circumstances, such as if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices, as outlined below.
Your California Privacy Rights. If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information, including the rights to update or delete your information. You can learn more about your California privacy rights at https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa. Additionally, California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we have security measures in place to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice. It is our policy to post any changes we make to our privacy notice on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ personal information, we will notify you through a notice on the Website home page. The date the privacy notice was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for periodically visiting our Website and this privacy notice to check for any changes, as well as keeping the email associated with your account address up-to-date